Burfi! .. It is a sweet which lingers in your mouth till the movie ends



Usually all babies are cute. Here the hero is cute from the beginning, where he is old and till the end he is old. But in between he is young and naughty. Surprised that Ranbir Kapoor can do so much humor without uttering a word. I almost forgot he was deaf in the movie. New Respect to him from now on.
Priyanka also plays a girl who is mentally young. She also can’t speak properly. Initially I felt she was overacting and soon found that she has emoted some emotions which is very difficult for grown people and can be only seen only in small children doing. I liked her performance too.
Go to this movie and you will be relaxed like someone is massaging  your shoulder after a hard day’s work. I went to the Friday Night Show and felt the same. Everything from the songs to the cast to the story is pleasant and simple. You mix into the unreal world which Anurag Basu has portrayed. New respect to Anurag Basu from now on. He has managed to satisfy my desire to watch a good movie when I had not watched a good movie for a long time.
The story is kind of complex and not that very important. Yes.. It is a love story and it has good humor. Feels simple. Music is excellent and acting of the cast great. Ranbir’s name is Murphy kept after the radio which killed his mom. And Murphy is grown now and sees an already engaged Ileana and woos her. One day he goes to her home to meet her parents to say that he loves their daughter and wants to marry her. There is a situation and he comes out dejected and they separate. In the middle of the story Murphy’s dad becomes sick and he needs money for his treatment he plans to kidnap Jilmil (Priyanka Chopra) for a ransom. But his plans comes in the middle of the another kidnap being executed by Jilmil’s dad to secure the ancestral property. That’s why I told it is complex. Go watch the movie and find out the story yourself.
What the story tells in the end is look for real love without any expectations. It is very difficult in real world but very enjoyable in the big screen and we can take a cue in real life. 
You may even shed a tear in the fag end of the movie. 

Some little Highlights.
  • How Murphy tells his name.
  • How Jilmil calls Murphy. (My Wife started to call me like that. Just for fun J)
  • Numerous expressions which Murphy portrays.

Lowlights
  • There is an annoying light being shows in many frames that keeps annoying.
  • Feels a bit long.

Go Relax with family. No not the small kids. They may not like it. But with your mom, dad, friends and spouse and they will enjoy it.

FYI
I have not heard the songs of Burfi! before I watched the movie. So now when I hear to it I keep smiling at some scenes coming to my mind which I saw in the movie. 
My Rating 4/5*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kanden Kadhalai in Tamil < Jab We Met in Hindi

Angadi Theru is touching and true…

Tamil Padam.. Gives you only a few genuine Laughs.