Revolution 2020 – Does not create a revolution, but it gets your control.



Started to read on Karnataka Rajyotsava day cause of the holiday my office gave me. Once I started to read I was hooked to it. If some work comes by I did that in a hurry and tried to steal some time to read more pages. And yes I was able to turn pages quickly. Some novels are enjoyed reading them slow but this one was like a bullet train. I was reading and turning pages. The same thing happened with me for 5 point someone – What not to do at IIT.
I completed the novel on day 2 by somehow managing to come early from office. So it took me just 2 days to complete a little less than 300 pages.
Coming to the story it is just a triangular love story with Corruption and Revolution behind it. One person makes corruption the other tries to show it to the world and there is just one girl for both of them. The story happens mostly in Varnasi and one chapter in Kota. This novel also explains about the competitive exam coaching business and how parents spend their hard earned money in these coaching centers even without knowing if their children will ever clear the highly competitive exams.
That’s all I can tell about the story. Start reading, complete 20 pages and the book will take control of you and make you finish it.
In some reviews they say that Chetan has used the Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption campaign to boost his book sales. But according to me anything is fair for anti-corruption.
The only sad thing is Chetan could have told us a new way to fight corruption. Like Indian or Mudhalvan (Nayak) or Ramana (Tamil Movie) movies did. But Chetan takes the age old method of publishing the corruption in newspapers.
One extra thing I felt after reading this one is now Chetan wrote this book keeping in mind that someone will buy the rights and take the movie immediately. He has written is such a way that even the production costs will be very less. I think that’s a smart way to make more money from a book.
Overall I liked the ending which was touchy. I felt Chetan would have written multiple climaxes and asked people to read and would have taken their vote and analyzed. But overall the ending was good. It tries to give a lasting impression at least for an hour after finishing the book.

By Rating for this commercial stuff is 3/5*. If you are stuck with a slow moving book. Stop that book take this one complete it in a day and then you will start reading the other book faster now.

Enjoy reading. 

Comments

  1. It is said that he has almost written Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi. I havent seen the movie but ill see it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kanden Kadhalai in Tamil < Jab We Met in Hindi

Angadi Theru is touching and true…

Tamil Padam.. Gives you only a few genuine Laughs.